Host Employer Obligations
As Host Employer, you are to provide a safe and well-managed workplace, with good work practices, genuine attitude to training and a willingness to provide good training opportunities for apprentices and trainees. A TACC Apprentice Field Supervisor will visit you on a monthly basis to monitor our apprentice's progress and to discuss any issues that arise with you. As the Host Employer you are to keep TACC informed of the apprentice's performance, skills, attitude and progress.
We ask you to check and sign the apprentice's weekly time sheet as proof of hours worked at your place of business. These are to be forwarded to the VACC via fax. We also ask that you advise the TACC immediately of any accidents in the workplace, and to supply all details as required under WORKCOVER regulations.
TACC takes care of all administration and employment costs, including the list below,
- All leave, including annual leave and sick leave
- Payroll tax, WORKCOVER, and Superannuatio
- Skills Institute fees, and for post-trade studies
- Provisions of tools required by the apprentice.
TACC also supervises the progress of apprentices with regular workshop visits and continuously monitors their performance. Our Group Scheme area manager may also arrange to conduct assessments in your workshop to reduce the time your apprentice spends away from the workplace while attending training.
TACC Apprentices are required to:
- Correctly fill in their weekly time sheets which they then fax to VACC Auto Apprenticeships WEEKLY
- Notify TACC and host employer of any absence (in advance where possible)
- Adhere to TACC Auto Apprenticeships Policies and Procedures as outlined in the induction manual